7pm. Wednesday, August 31, 2016
Workers’ Organizing Resource Centre (432 Ellice Ave)
Childcare subsidy available with advance notice
(email us at firstname.lastname@example.org)
We want to change the world! Where do ideas fit into this?
Come join us for a reading and discussion* in an informal environment with friendly people. Bring your imaginations, questions, ideas, and explore questions like these:
- What does socialism from below mean?
- Is it credible to be a socialist in 2016?
- Who is the working class and could the Canadian working class transform society?
- Are we post revolutionary thinking? How does it fit into our efforts today?
- Why were Stalinist USSR, Maoist China, and other similar societies not socialist?
- Are revolutions doomed to lead to bureaucratic dictatorships like Stalin’s USSR and Mao’s China?
*Some side effects of participating in a discussion about socialism in 2016 include:
-increased critical thoughts about capitalism, exploitation and oppression
If you want to participate, please drop us a line at email@example.com and we will email you a reading!